Sunday, July 21, 2013

Bio for Go Fund Me

I love Sapo Imagery on Facebook


I have been a single mother working towards self sufficiency for most of my son's life and then some. Up until about aiz years ago, I had full custody and was the main caregiver of my son with only as much support as I could get from friends and family who were generally already consumed with their own struggles. There are many people to whom I owe thanks in this regard.* I attempted school when my son was a young child and was unable to sufficiently balance that with child care and part time work. Work has often been a struggle so I have done quite a lot of odd jobs, part time and temporary work and I feel like I am the better for it. I have worked with so many interesting and diverse people and in various industries.

My son is in the custody of my sister where he has been for about four years and doing quite well in high school. About 3 years ago, I was nigh homeless and got a call from the student loan people, who helped me get my loans in to deferment so that I could re-enroll in school and finally seek my degree. I'm proof that it can pay not to ignore those calls.

I am currently pursuing that degree in graphic/web design and have been since January 2011. I have one more semesters, including the current semester, for my associate of applied science in graphic/web design. And am doing very well. I am a member of Phi Theta Kappa honor society and very excited to have begun using my newly acquired skills in web design, graphic design, photoshop, illustrator and video editing with final cut pro.

I have started this fundraising platform to raise the funds it will take to really launch my business as a graphic designer and promotional/event coordinator. I have recently purchased a Canon D-SLR camera with the money I have raised so far, and some of my student aid. I am back at Pima and have had pell grants and loans to offset some of my expenses, but the money goes quick. With prior semesters financial aid, I have already invested in an Imac computer and Adobe Design Premium Software. I was also able to acquire Final Cut Pro through barter. So I have most of the tools I need to begin seriously promoting my business and getting work. I have a huge network of colleagues, that I know will also benefit me in my field and in finding the jobs. I also bought an amtrak ticket to visit my son at Christmas.

Some of the things I am still raising money for are: Microsoft Office, my drivers license, my passport, rent, food and other necessities. It is also my hope to again get to Indiana for a few weeks, in July, to visit my son. I've only been able to visit once a year at Christmas time for quite some time, and we both have realized we would really enjoy being able to enjoy some nicer weather together. I've done some research and amtrak is still the cheapest way to travel. So I'm looking to raise/earn $375 for the ticket and around $200 travel money.

I am also available for paid work assignments. Any leads would be most appreciated!

Help with whatever, you can and if you can't blessings and supportive thoughts, prayers, ritualistic dances. I'll take 'em all. : ) Anyone, wanting to donate with material and helpful items or those who don't like electronic payments feel free to contact me through facebook or email.

I"m Connected. Feel free to look into some of my webpages, to get an idea of who I am, what I've been doing, my skills, my art; etc.:
LinkedIn Pia Mogollon
facebook.com/PiamedeaDigitography
facebook.com/pialaramogollonart
Google Plus
Flickr Piamedea Digitography
Medellona Raves Blog
Gypsy Sojourner Myspace
Pia Pilarmedona Myspace
Piamedea Unlimited Myspace
Gypsy Sojourner YouTube
Gypsy Sojourner Vimeo
Gypsy Sojourner Daily Motion
Pilar (Pia) Mogollon Poemhunter
Poet Pilar Mogollon
Twitter -Gypsy Sojourner
Alicia-Pilar Mogollon Art Model Place
Gypsy Bliss Model Mayhem




Thanks
Pia Alicia-Pilar Mogollon
Piamedea Digitography and GypsySojourner Unlimited


*On this note of support that I have, I want to take the time to appreciate some of these people by name: my biological sisters Raquel, Mar and Barb; My brothers Ric, David and Andy; Olga Mogollon, Alexys Heffernan; Chantal Byerly and Ferron Mogollon;  Abby Mogollon; Jennifer Juarigue; Brenda Ojeda; Stephen Pacios; Brenda & Bill Taylor; Marilyn Taylor; Mary Pacios; Cliff and Billie Humphrey; Kate Fitch; Patricia Turner; Samantha Turner and all of my biological family.

I am also very appreciative of my close friends, many of whom feel as much a part of my family as though I share blood with. People like Johanna Martinez; Melinda Franz, my advisor at Pima; Tania Hammond; Liz Weibler; Steven Eye; Ned Shaper; James Patrick Jordan; Jon and Emily Mcnamara; Lupe and Rex Rankin; Tony McNamara; Joe McNamara; Corinna Harris; Mark Oley; Brenna Franco; Kristen Suagee Beaudy; Nancy Pontius; Robert Mann; Michael 'Floyd' Elliot; Eli Scheid; Lisa Rivas; Reed Garber Pearson; Michelle Lind; Joyce from the CoOp; Katie Edwards; Charlotte Gillis; Qat and Dortha Turner; Aaron Moreno; Roland Bosma; Rachel Crook; Norma Irene Echeandea; Cristina Echeandea; Jerry and Cindy Diaz; Deni Perez; Rosie Moni Mona; Tracy Hill; Chrissy Goral, John Paul Marchand; Jasper Vasconcellos; Sharon from Itl Coffeehouse; Peter from Itl; Two Feathers from Epic Cafe; Eldon Katz; Johanna Patchell; Flora Edwards; Manda Reubens; Anon Thomas; Timothy Koch David Scott Moyer; Jane Mohler; Bryan Crow; Athena Hagen; Nadia Hagen; Bruce Momich; Luna Hagen Momich; Elizabeth Cherry; Taya Pocock; Viva Yazon; Erl Kimmich; Christina Devine; Serena Tang; Malachi; Kelly Murphy; Mrs. Marshall from Sabin School; Brette Murphy; Mr. and Mrs. Ross shose first names I don't remember but were our neighbors and the parents of one of Andrees' schoolmates in Portland. And so many more people,

I apprecate all the moments semmingly insignificant or not that people gave Andrees and I. Even if it was simply to entertain him at Epic; ITL or Shot in the Dark Cafe; giving me a moment to my own thoughts, reading or writing. I'm sure there are many more I haven't mentioned; people who just by being accepting and thoughtful made life a little better every day. Gave me even the smallest reason to smile and keep feeling strong and capable. So, though there are some I haven't named, it is not that they are any less significant, and indeed there have been bus drivers and school workers and random people on the street whose names I don't know but remember and feel just as thankful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment